Homespec Home Inspections of Long Island & NYC Can help Renegotiations, Delays and Lost Sales. One of the most frustrating aspects of selling a house is when a problem turns up on the physical inspection.
Depending on the severity of the problem, it can lead to a new round of negotiations, delay your escrow, or even ruin your sale. List your house knowing that there won’t be any surprises. And if you’re buying another house on contingency, having your house pre-inspected gives you more negotiating power. The seller of the house you want to buy will feel better knowing your house will have a clean inspection, and shouldn’t delay your purchase. Regardless of how a home looks on the outside, there may be underlying issues that need to be identified. Problems may develop over time which can go un-noticed by even the most meticulous homeowner. Unfortunately these issues can lead to delays, unhappy buyers, lost sale or even lawsuits after the sale. Eventually your buyers are still going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. The more everyone knows up-front, the smoother and faster the sale will move!
• It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party.
• It helps you to price your home realistically.
• It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that …
1. Defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
2. You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the needed repairs yourself, if qualified.
• It will help show the home better.
• It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active wood-destroying insect infestations.
• It may relieve prospect’s concerns and suspicions. – It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
• It may alert you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home. If you want your real estate transaction to run smoothly enjoys the advantage of a Homespec Home Inspection PRE-SALE HOME INSPECTION!